Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Secret Garden

With our hotel package, we also got tickets to Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. It's a small zoo located on The Mirage grounds.
I'm not a big fan of zoos. Don't get me wrong, I like animals. I just don't enjoy walking around in the heat looking at animals in cages. I think it was the bad experience chaperoning a fieldtrip to the zoo with a class of kindergarteners. The particular zoo was fun because it was the perfect size. We could see everything in about 15 minutes!I took a picture of this guy because I found it amusing that there was a human in the cage at the zoo. I assumed he was just feeding the animal. It turns out that someone has to stay in the cage with what I think was the leopard, for the entire first year of its life! It helps the animal get accustomed to human interaction.
The dolphins were my favorite. They perfomed a few neat tricks and we could check them out from the underground walkway.

No comments:

Post a Comment