Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Santa Barbara

On Tuesday we began driving up the coast of California, unsure of exactly where we wanted to stay that night. We did drive by a tiny island just off the coast. There was a bridge connecting it to the mainland, but apparently they don't want any visitors on the private island because a large gate and barbed wire blocked the entrance to the bridge.
So we kept driving and reached Santa Barbara in the late afternoon. It was a quaint town and much to Steven's dismay, it had more than its fair share of one-way streets. Using my once again oh so hand iPhone we found a coffee shop with free wi-fi. Seriously, I don't know how people traveled before technology, what a pain! We didn't find any good deals on hotels in Santa Barbara. I placed a few bids on hotels in San Luis Obispo, but none were accepted. Instead, I ended up booking a room via Hotwire in the nearby town of Morro Bay. With a destination in mind, we spent a few hours checking out Santa Barbara. There is a stretch through town on State Street with shops and restaurants. I hadn't been in the mood to shop this trip, so really we just walked around outside of the shops. We decided on Chipotle for dinner and enjoyed giant burritos!

And this would be me choking on the burrito before I could stop Steven from taking the picture.What would a tour of Santa Barbara be if we didn't check out their dessert offerings? I had seen Pinkberry locations all over California. My curiosity got the best of me and I decided to check it out. It was delicious! They have soft-serve frozen yogurt with an assortment of fruit and cereal toppings. I chose the parfait with vanilla fro-yo, pineapple, granola, strawberries, and red raspberries. Steven thinks fro-yo is an ice cream imposter and he wasn't about to settle on such a thing....so to Ben & Jerry's we went!

No comments:

Post a Comment